This website is operated by Town Hall Project. We are not performing any services on behalf of any member of the United States Congress or their offices. This website and tools are operated by Town Hall Project to help you more easily connect with your elected representatives and better engage in the democratic process.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Sites. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as if you join our email list, make a donation, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, sign up to be a volunteer, use a tool on a Site or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information. We may also collect demographic information you may voluntarily provide from time to time, such as in response to questionnaires, surveys, and interactive tools such as calculators, including gender, ethnicity, education, income and interest information.
If this information is tied to personally identifiable information, it will be treated as personal information. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating a profile or group, leaving comments, posting social media comments or other content, sending an email or message to another user, or participating in any interactive forums or features on the Sites. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, games, promotions and other activities on the Sites. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Sites. This information is not stored with any personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide.
Passive Collection: When you use the Sites, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, pages viewed, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on our Sites. If you access the Sites from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use and the type of mobile Internet browsers you use. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Sites and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect certain features on our Sites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Sites or in emails relating to the Sites to collect certain information about usage and program effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Sites.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our Sites with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Sites. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles, activities or objectives;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Sites, that the information you provide will be shared or used in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when you register to get connected locally, the information you provide to Town Hall Project and our organizers may be shared with Town Hall Project’s partner organizations;
- when we are operating a co-branded site, application or tool, we may share the information you provide with the party with whom we are co-branding;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Town Hall Project, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
- to enforce or apply this Policy, our Terms of Service, or our other policies or agreements; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, acquisition, asset sale, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Town Hall Project.
We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Town Hall Project is volunteer driven and your experience is important to us. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.